Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Exploring Neighbourhood :Telok Blangah Heights : Bread Story


This is another neighbourhood which I explored while I sent Little One for dance class. I stumbled upon this bakery because I wanted to get some bread for breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised to know that they sell the honeycomb cake! Both the white and brown version. Remembering that I had made white honeycomb cakes for Little One some years ago, so I bought the white version for her. (Just in case, she thought that the brown version looked weird  unfamiliar. ) To my surprise, she remembered it because I had not been making any since 2 years ago. We got to try the brown version a week later. I bought her into the shop to select personally. There wasn't any difference between the white and the brown but I do feel that the brown ones smell nicer! Ha~

They sell, too, some very nostalgic snacks Choi Ma Fa and Pig Ear Biscuit. What surprised me was that although we visited only once every week (it was only our 4th visit), the shop assistant recognized us and she knew we were there for the cake! 

The price is affordable. If you do not want to make honeycomb cake yourself, then head down when you in the vicinity. (There are quite a number of Chinese temples in that area) Shop address: Blk 78B, Telok Blangah Heights, #01-15.


Honeycomb cake

Linking with~

image-in-ingnew button

7 comments:

  1. Oh my Lord - is that fudge? I think I gained weight looking at it!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/12/little-painted-desert.html.
    Please have a great year in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, thankfully, it's not fudge! It's a cake made from rice flour.

      Delete
  2. Hmm I'm not familiar with honeycomb bread! But ya the bread shops at the heartlands are very affordable. If you haven't yet, try the bread from Duke's Bakery. There's a lot of outlets around. Bread is very soft and chewy.. not that sweet too :)

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka
    Join in: Wordless Wed Linky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think honeycomb cake is an acquired taste. In fact, I met a customer at the shop who was surprised that Little One enjoy the cake so much. She said she has not eaten it and do not think will ever try. haha...

      Thanks for introducing Duke's Bakery. That I had tried that. :)

      Delete
  3. Now CNY is here. Try their pineapple tarts. Is very nice. I got it every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! I do hope to drop by and buy real soon!

      Delete
  4. Should also try the pineapple tarts. I had it every year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...