Monday, August 13, 2012

Making of mini cashew blueberry banana cakes for mommy!

I told my mom that I am into steaming cakes recently and promised to make her some sugarless ones.
Knowing my mom couldn't take hard food like nuts anymore, I told her I would grind them into powder and make them into cakes.
I am all set to make the mini cakes. This is a healthier choice as I have omitted sugar and oil. All these are substituted by natural ingredients. Sugar substituted by banana and blueberries.Oil by cashew nuts. I have done some internet searching, I seemed to be the only one using cashews as an oil substitution for cakes. I am not sure whether it will work but just do a trial and error. It works! And the greatest news of all is that my mom enjoys it! =)

Very own cashew blueberry banana cake


Sugarless Cashew Blueberry Banana Cake (No added oil/ fats)


Ingredients:
  • ½ cup (75g) all purpose flour
  • ½  tsp. baking soda 
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbsp. milk
  • 1 big ripe banana or 2 small ones
  • 12 roasted cashewnuts
  • handful of blueberries (at most 1 ½  handful)
  • 1 tsp vinegar

Procedure:-
homogeneous cashew nut and banana


  1. Blend the cashew nuts to powder. Add in the banana and blend till homogeneous. Set aside.
  2. Set up the steamer and boil the water over medium high heat
  3. Whisk the flour, baking soda in a big bowl using fork for about 20 times. 
  4. Then beat the egg in a separate bowl. Add in milk and vinegar and whisk together
  5. Combine the two mixture and mixed till smooth.
  6. Fold in the blueberries and cashew nuts +  banana mix.
  7. Scoop the batter into the 4 prepared foil/ramekins cups that are lined with paper liners , load them into steamer (make sure the water is boiling) and steam for 10 min (depending on size of the steam cake, it can be anywhere between 8 min to 15 min)
  8. Use a toothpick or skewer to test whether the cakes are ready.
  9. Once it's done, take the cakes out and allow to cool.

Now you have your very own cashew blueberry banana cake! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...